Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Full Weekend

We flew to Arizona this weekend for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful. My cousins are great! I don't get to see them very often, so it's nice to see everyone in the same place at the same time that I am out there.

[i]ESPECIALLY[/i] my Uncle Jerry.

This was the first time in my 20+ years of life that I have actually met him in person. Sure, I've seen a couple pictures around, but I was seriously starting to believe that he had been photoshopped into them and that he didn't actually exsist. I was wrong, though. He does exsist. He actually took professional pictures for the wedding. Hopefully, I will get some of the candids cause we ALL know that the Baby was in the midst of everything she could be.

After the wedding, when my uncle came out and announced the new bride and her husband, there was the baby, standing in the doorway and blocking their way. She was almost knocked down by my cousin's dress!! Did the Baby care? nope, I doubt she even noticed. She was too busy checking to see if anyone was blowing bubbles outside.

After the wedding, we took the Baby back to my Grandmother's house and changed her into clothing more suitable for a baby on the move and proceeded to the reception.

There was an open bar. I choked down a 'way-too -much-pepper-and-tabasco' Bloody Mary and then went back for something sour, they didn't have any sour apple, so i sat there for a few minutes staring at what they had and finally said, "Well, then how about something with that amaretto?" and the lady said, "How about an Amaretto Sour?" PERFECT!!

Dinner was buffet style-ish and the Baby thought everything was horrendous except for the bread and the chocolates. I gave her a bite of chicken. She opened her mouth and as soon as it touched her tongue, she made this disgusted face and turned her head away. So I put it on the table in front of her. Apparently, it was more disgusting to look at than it was to taste, beacuse a few minutes later, I look over and she grabs the bite of chicken off of the table and proceeds to SMASH it between her hands and throw it on the floor. I feel sorry for the cleaning crew. After dinner, I let her down from the highchair and she spent the majority of the night dancing happily with a spoon... yes, I said a spoon.

After dinner there were more pictures and lots of dancing, including, but not limited to, the electric slide, the macarena and the chicken dance. Fun was had by all.

Now, the highlight of a wedding would be the bouquet and garter toss, right? Seems to me that noone really gets excited about these anymore, because noone wants to get married next!! Well, ladies, have no fear, you do not have to get married any time soon because I, yes [i]I[/i], have caught the bouquet and I'm starting to think it might have the opposite effect on me. For, you see, ladies, this is not the first time I've caught the bouquet at a wedding. The last time was when I was 4-5 months pregnant with The Baby. I see NO wedding bells in my future.

I really wasn't going for it either time, well, I was, but really just out of reflex, y'know? The first time, the bride barely threw it and I had to take a large enough step to cover half the distance between her and us. The only thing that was going through my mind was, "OMG!! It's going to hit the ground!!" I tried to get them to do a do-over, but her mother would have none of that talk.

This time, the bride [i]really[/i] threw the bouquet and it was going over everyone's head. Me, being 6 feet tall in my heels, just reached up and caught a loop of ribbon on my thumb. Lucky me.


The trip was great fun, but I was sick the whole plane ride back. I went to bed early Sunday night with a fever of 101.1 and 600mg of Ibprofen in my system.

No comments: