Saturday, October 27, 2007

Speedzone

So last week, my new job had an emplyee fun day or something like that.

We all went to SPEEDZONE!! woohoo... : D

We were allowed to bring 2 people, but, ya'know? who the heck am i gunna be able to bring that doesn't have to work from 2-5 on a friday?!

well, anyways, it was great fun, got to get to know the people I work with more (mostly crazy guys who probably ALL thought I was 17). We got a card that was good for three hours from the time we got there or whenever we first swiped it but then, they closed down one of the best racetracks for an hour long private while we were there!! So, I guess someone complained enough because while we were walking back outside, one of the managers saw my shirt with the company logo on it and came running up to me and told me, "Tell your group that I'm adding an extra hour to y'all's cards!!"

AWESOME!!

wait... I can't stay til 6!! The daycare closes at 6 and I still have to pick my dad up from work!! LAME.

So, when I'm getting ready to leave at 5 when most everyone else has left to beat traffic already, I go up to the counter and complain saying that the extra hour isn't worth anything if I can't stay. So, they recode my card so that it has however much time i had left on it for me to use next time i feel the need to go racing! KEWL. I'll probably lose the card anyways though. *sigh* oh well...

Well, when they finally opened up the other track, I went and got in line with the guys. At the end of our race time. one of them bumps me from the side so i swerve a little and then, Mr. A. (remember him?) rams me!! Hard enough that my glasses FLY off my face (my NEW glasses thankyouverymuch) and onto the track somewhere where I learn a little later that they were run over by someone else. We were supposed to be coming in to park when my glasses flew off, so I couldn't see and just kinda stopped doing anything to steer which made me run into the entrance quite crookedly so much so that it was completely blocked and no one could get past me.

There were 4-5-6 people stopped behind me and I was sitting there hyperventilating in my car cause I couldn't see. I couldn't see enough to be sure they weren't in my car because to look around, I would have to unbuckle, and I think that was against the rules. When Mr. A. asked me what was wrong, all I could get out was a pitifull little scream, "I CAN'T SEE!!" He kept asking me if my glasses were in my car and all I could say is, "I CAN'T SEE!!"

Finally, the guy that was running the race ran over to look around the track. Thank goodness he found them. I was nearly to tears by the time Mr. A. told me the guy had found them.

The frames are a little scaped up, but the lenses look fine. THANK GOD!!

It was quite an ordeal for me. It was especially nice to inform Mr. A. of the 'huge' bruise on my back from the 'accident'.


can you see it?

all in all, it was a good day, although a larger portion of the office now knows that I have a baby. That was something I might have liked to keep to myself a bit longer...

No comments: