Friday, December 05, 2008

Damn you, Winnie the Pooh...

On Monday, 12.01.08, The Baby went running into the living room. She was excited about something, I had told her to go sit on the couch. What I was going to give her, I can't recall at the moment, but she was excited. (It was probably something food related.)

She said, "Okay!" and scampered off around the corner. I was about a second behind her. Far enough to see, in slow motion, of course, her trip over her ride on Winnie the Pooh toy and tackle the coffee table with her face.

It was already a large lump accompanied by a bruise in the split second it took me to get to her.

I tried to get her to let me hold the ice pack on her forehead, but she wasn't having any of it.

The lump was mostly gone by morning, but the bruise remained diligently.

I ran (no not literally) by the Whole Foods during my lunch break and picked up some arnica gel. It is supposed to aid in the healing of bruises and the like. I chose the gel because it would be absorbed quicker than a cream.

I didn't get a picture of the initial lump, but I took this picture yesterday morning, 12.04.08.



As bad as it looks, it looks a LOT better. You can see that it's mostly green already. Although she now has a black eye to go with the bump. That showed up Wednesday night, I think. Hopefully it is on it's way to disappearing soon, I am hoping to take Christmas pictures by next week! The guy is going to take her to get her hair trimmed this weekend!

My poor Baby!

No comments: