Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"I'm a little Teapot..."

"I'm a little Teapot,
Short and Stout.
Here is my handle,
and here is my Spout.
When I get all steamed up,
Hear me shout!
Then tip me over
and pour me out!"
Sometimes I wish I could be like that. When I would get real steamed up and dangerously mad, I could just lean a little to the left. The steam would escape, taking with it the red I was seeing, the fogginess it was creating in my brain and The headache that was forming prom the stress the pressure was putting on my brain.
I would be able to think clearly and rationally about whatever it was that was making me mad. I would be able to understand the consequences of the violence I was considering. I would be able to calmly state my feelings without a passive aggressive undertone.
The only maybe not so sweet part is that people would be able to tell when I was pissed. They would start running when they hear me walking down the hall whistling 'Dixie'. The dogs would never come inside and there would be mold everywhere! Not to mention what would happen if I didn't lean to the left! Well, at least I wouldn't have to clean up that mess, right?
And what guy would want to be with a girl who is always leaning, anyways? Having water and steam coming out of your left ear (or would it be my left hand?) is probably not the aesthetic appeal I should be going for, huh?
Okay, on second thought...
I'm okay with being me.

No comments: