Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Do you Woot?

http://www.woot.com/

http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx


Basically, woot.com is a website that puts up a new 'Deal A Day' everyday. Usually a pretty good deal, or so I'm told. Plus shipping is only $5 for anything. (The writers pull out some pretty funny stuff in the descriptions as well, so if you don't go for the 'stuff', you'll at least get a kick out of that!)

Periodically, they will have a 'Woot Off' where they put up something until it is sold out. Don't worry, though, they usually put things up multiple times throughout the ordeal, which could last anywhere from 24 - 72 hours. A 'Woot Off' can be identified by the orange flashing lights on the main page.

At some point during a 'Woot Off', Woot will offer up a coveted 'Bag of Crap'. A BoC is sold for only $1 and could contain any number of things (it is defined as 3 different things, but that is not always the case). Anything that they have not been able to sell or don't think are worth selling, you'll have to ask them, I guess. I hear someone actually got one of those spiffy, cool, roaming robot vacuums in her $1 BoC!

I should also mention at this point that these BoCs are coveted so because it is a task to get one. Once it comes up in a Woot Off, you better believe every person watching woot.com is going to be clicking the 'I want one!' button, which, in turn, is hard on the system. Servers crashing left and right I'm sure. I have successfully obtained two BoCs during the past two Woot Offs. It has not come up yet for this one.

Well, to make a point of this description, I have a story to go with:

During the last 'Woot Off', I obtained a BoC.

For my $6.50 ($1BoC+$5shipping+$.50tax cause I live in the same state), I received the following.


Words cannot adequately convey how hard I laughed when I opened this:





Each small box contains a life size, life like, ceramic pack of doublemint gum and one miniature ceramic piece of doublemint gum.

Each pack contains 3 small boxes.

The case contains 24 packs.

That's right, I am now the 'proud' owner of 72 ceramic packs of Doublemint Gum.

Sweet! er... Minty!

Guess I've got Christmas covered, huh?

* I noticed I am getting some hits from real wooters (I'm really only a whenever-I-remember kind of wooter) *waves* Thanks Gretchen! - Please feel free to add to or correct my woot.com description if you feel it is inadequate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!

Unknown said...

Dude, that is really cool!!! I want a ceramic pack of gum!