Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Excerpts from Texas Renaissance Festival - Vol. 1

We had been on the road for an hour and a half when My Best Mommy Friend calls to tell me that we are pulling over to wait for Musketeers #2 and #3 to catch up so that we can get the tents out of the car they are driving. Apparently, Musketeer #2 has forgotten his boots and needs to go back for them. Woo.

We stop at a Love's and catch a much appreciated bathroom break. The guys we were waiting on had apparently told Musketeer #1 (My Best Mommy Friend's BF) that it didn't matter that they left late because they would still get there first. Their reasoning? That he was with two girls and girls always have to stop for multiple potty breaks. Pfft!

We decided we weren't going to stop for a potty break until we were at least 3/4ths of the way there. This was of course decided after I had refilled my soda at the KF/Taco/Hut before we headed out. I was secretly ecstatic we were stopping.

We waited about 20 minutes for the guys to show up. While we were waiting, My Very Best Mommy Friend and I scoured my car to find my little card holder that houses my Driver's License and bank card. I had had to stop short a few times through traffic and it had gotten lodged up underneath my glove compartment.

When they finally got to the Love's, Musketeer # 3 went inside to the Burger King part of the Love's and waited 20 more minutes for a couple burgers and some fries. Special. He met us all back out at the cars and we talked and joked for a while longer.

I finally exchanged names with him and proceeded to steal some fries from his BK bag. I told him, "I thought I'd introduce myself before I stuck my hand in your bag..."

Musketeer #2 laughed and repeated my sentence with a slightly perverted twist:

"I thought I'd introduce myself before I stuck my hand down your sac!"

Ah, how did I know, how did I know?

There was much laughing.

No comments: