Tuesday, November 04, 2008

She knows what she wants...

So last night, I was over near The Guy's house and he came over. Everyone left and we ended up at the car. I handed her a toy before we put her in her carseat. Pablo the Penguin and his Singing and Talking Dunebuggy. She dropped Pablo.

Me: "Oh no! Is Pablo hurt?"
The Baby: "Pablo's got owie! Kiss IT!"
Me: "Kiss it? Oh dear, where does it hurt Pablo?"
The Baby: "His hand hurt, kiss his hand!"
Me: "His Hand? okay, I'll kiss his hand." *kiss*
The Baby: "Kiss his head! His head hurt!"
Me: "Okay, poor Pablo!" *kiss*

*pause*

The Baby: "He hurt his Butt. Kiss his Butt, Mommy! Kiss his Butt!"
The Guy: *barely stifled laughter*
Me: *stifling laughter* "No, honey, I am not going to kiss Pablo's butt. I'm sorry." *snort*
The Baby: "No, Mommy! Kiss his BUTT!"
The Guy: *fully laughing now, not even trying to stifle*
Me: "Let's get in your carseat, honey..." *face red from trying not to laugh*

So we get her in her carseat and she's playing with her toy and I'm talking to The Guy about what we're doing on Friday since I'm going out of town. I'm supposed to meet up and be ready to go at 5:30. He normally picks her up at my house (across town) at 6.

So we're talking and still laughing. The Baby is jabbering to herself. She calls for me and I tell her I love her. She replies with her normal, "I love ChooToo!" without even looking at me. The Guy laughs and tells me that it sounded like she said she loves shoes. "I love you!" "I love shoes!" HA! - yeah, I smacked him.

So we started talking again when we hear from the car:

"Get inna car, Mommy. Mommy? Get inna car. BYE BYE DADDY. Get inna CAR Momma! Get in your car Daddy! Bye Bye Daddy!"

My Baby loves me, yes she does.

I laughed SO hard the whole way home!

No comments: