Thursday, November 06, 2008

Think of me this weekend....

For I will be camping and cannot be sure whether I will make it back alive.

Okay, okay, so maybe that's a little overdramatic... but after the last camping fiasco, you really can't blame me. I know, I know, you probably have no idea what I am talking about, let just say it was the middle of summer, and I didn't bring the right arsenal.

I ended up sitting in a fetal position for the last half of the trip. Eyes wide open and shifting from one spot to the next, lashing out at what were morre than likely figments of my imagination.

I came home with 80 insect bites on one thigh alone. I think that was the smallest amount for an area of that size... I have not been camping sense. My luck, I'll come back paranoid AND schizophrenic!

"What was that?!"
"I don't know. Why are you asking me?"
"Cause I thought you might know something."
"Well, I don't, I know as much as you and nothing more."
"What was that?!?"
"I don't know! Now, shut up!"

Anyways...

I am off to The Texas Renaissance Festival this weekend. It runs every weekend from Oct. 11th - Nov. 30th. I have a 'Friend' who is going EVERY weekend. I was talking with My Best Mommy Friend and told her about him and she told me that her Boyfriend is actually dragging her to the very same place as my 'Friend'! So I'm going to follow them out there tomorrow evening and leave midday Sunday to get back for The Baby.

I have not told my 'Friend' that I will be there. I don't plan on telling him. I saw him earlier this week and asked him about it, what there was to do and such. We talked for a bit, I said it sounds like fun and then said, "Well, I'd better get this letter in the mail. It was good to see you," and left.

I think this will be fun even if I don't run into him. I've been contemplating getting a black wig so as to be even more incognito, but perhaps that would be a little over the top...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We're going to a movie tonight. A sneak preview of 'Bolt' at the Studio Movie Grill. I'm excited! I invited The Guy, he doesn't seem to be too enthusiastic. I could just be making things up though, since the only way he will talk to me is through txt messaging or in person. Even then, we don't do much talking. I seem to always carry the conversation. I mean, if I didn't say anything, there would just always be this awkward silence and nothing would ever be accomplished!

I have asked him numerous time to give me an answer as to whether or not he will be there. While I appreciate that he doesn't want to tell me know and make me upset, it seems that he does not realize that the repercussions of him NOT telling me and then just not showing up are greater than what he would get if he just told me. Since his mode of communication of choice is txt messaging, he wouldn't even get what he's afraid of. It's a little harder to get that "I'm upset but I'm not going to say so" tone into a txt message.

I'm sure he could infer the tone from the suddenly curtailed messages he would get afterwards, but that's something he could just completely ignore cause he knows I'll forget by the next time I see him, right?

I once had a friend tell me that it doesn't matter whether he makes me mad or not because he could just show me something shiny and I would forget completely.

"You're mad? WHAT'S THAT?!? A PIECE OF FOIL!! LOOK!! SHINY!!"

*phbblltttt*

Okay, whatever. It's not a big deal; it's just a kids movie. I'll get over it.

I'm out. Thanks for reading!

No comments: