Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time for Giving Thanks

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Food, Fun and Family. Some of the best things in life.

The Baby and I will be travelling to Copperas Cove where my cousin is hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year. It's about a two and a half hour drive. We will attempt to utilize this time in the form of a nap. I invited The Guy to come along in the hopes that I would not have to make the drive alone, but he has already committed to helping make food for his own family. He's a good guy. Mostly.

I've been very angry this week so I'm going to take a little time now to think about what it is that I am Thankful for.

  • My beautiful Baby.
  • The fact that her father is who he is. I wouldn't change that for the world.
  • My dad. I don't know where we'd be if it weren't for him.
  • My Mommy. I would be lost if I couldn't talk to her. She makes me think about how I'm handling these situations. She always has a new way to look at something.
  • My job. Without the raise I got this year, I would be having a hard time doing Christmas this year.
  • My Baby's wonderfully active imagination.
  • My friends - IRL and online - You are all wonderful.
  • Calls and messages from my friends who have moved away. I miss you all, too!
  • That I know for certain that I have the strength to handle any situation that is thrown at me and if I should ever forget, that I have good friends who have got my back.
  • My Brother. Even though we never talk and I know nothing of what is going on with you, I am glad that you are my brother and I Love You.
  • That The Baby's clothes that are too small will be going to close friends who can make good use of them.
  • I have a working sewing machine and aspirations of a baby blanket - and a little blue Dolly!
  • Being able to help friends in need.
  • That I am able to have a good time despite unwelcome and unwanted events.

  • The feeling of happiness that all these things bring.

  • Did I mention My Baby?

What are you Thankful for?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great post. I'm envious of your number 2. I wish I could be thankful for that--but I have lots of other things to be thankful for, despite the heartache he causes Caden and me.