Wednesday, September 05, 2007

bad Mommy. very bad Mommy

okay, I admit it, I've been bad. I haven't filled out the paperwork to renew MY Baby's medicaid... probably because I know she won't be elligable anyways. I also admit that I do need to look into getting her on CHIP.

BUT I waited too long. Her was up the beginning of the month and, of course, she is now sick. Yucky green runny nose, green goop in her eyes, a fever that keeps coming back, you know, all the good stuff (minus throwing up, we have none of that, THANK GOODNESS)

So, anyways, she's got a doctor's appt today with her regular pediatrician and they told me it's going to be $60. So I call to ask The Guy if he'll pony up half and what I got from the conversation was that he didn't want to help pay because he wouldn't have to pay if I had filled out hte paperwork so she would still have insurance. He asked me why I couldn't just pay it out of the child support. The rest of the conversation pretty much consisted of me repeating over and over that medical bills are not part of the child support he is paying and his repeating, over and over, "but if you had filled out the paperwork...blah blah blah..."

So I hung up on him.

I was up all the night before doin homework for school. (because I am the WORST procrastinator you will ever meet, hence the fact that I haven't sent out the paperwork yet) and I was dealing with a sick baby, which , unlike him, I cannot pawn off on my parents just so i can go have lunch with someone!! (he did this sunday. She woke up witha fever in the middle of the night and he STILL left her with his mom to go have lunch with his uncle. He hasn't quite figured out that "I have a baby now and can't be selfish" deal) So, I was NOT in the mood to deal with that kind of poop.

Well, he didn't try to call me back, so I'm going to assume that he doesn't really care that much about her welfare and I will not be the one to call him to tell him how the appointment went.

because, regardless of how we got to this point of not having insurance for MY Baby, we ARE here and it needs to be dealt with he should not be focusing on what I should have done, but what needs to be done.

*bleh* that's better.

No comments: