Sunday, September 09, 2007

Grrr....

well, The Guy was supposed to watch MY Baby for me last night while I ushered a show by Second City up at the college for one of my classes. He called me around noon and said that he would be home by 6. He then called me at 5:45 to tell me that he still had a lot of work to do because he had picked up some extra stuff to do that day, but that his mom and his aunt would be at his house when I get there and that they would watch her until he got home.

I told him, in not an extremely nice manner, that his DAUGHTER needs to come first. Picking up extra work on a day when he knows that he has a responsibility for that night is NOT OKAY!! I told him that I feel like he NEVER puts her first, and that whether or not he feels like he's doing that, that's the way I see it! It is NOT his family's responsibility to take care of HIS daughter. It is NOT their responsibility to give her her medicine when she's sick. It is NOT their responsibility to put her to bed at night. It is HIS responsibility.

I told him he had better be there before her bedtime so the HE can give her her medicine. I made sure that his family knew that HE was supposed to give it to her and I picked her up early this morning instead of this afternoon like I had planned.

I understand that he has to do work to make money, but he works during the week, too. When this person asked for him to mow his lawn, he should have said, "I have other responsibilities tonight, but I can mow for you next Wednesday." (not that I would ever expect anyone to actually sound like that!! but he could paraphrase)

I asked him to call me when he got home so that I would know that he was there and that he should leave a message because I probably wouldn't be able to answer. Which he did. He's a good guy, really he is.

We had a problem like this last weekend, too. He kept her for the whole weekend and she woke up with a fever early (4am) Sunday morning. He did not call me to tell me until lunchtime and he was also calling to tell me that he was going out to lunch with his uncle who was in town and had left MY Baby with his mom and Aunt again!! (his mom can't pick her up, something is wrong with her wrist, can't quite remember the details, but that's why his aunt is always there with her)

I told him that he is her parent and HE should be the one taking care of her while she is sick!! I'm sure his mom urged him to go to lunch and assured him that she would be fine, but she was SICK, she was not fine to begin with!! I love his mom though, she is such a nice person!! So is his aunt! And, while I applaud them offering to watch her so that he can have some fun, it would have been much more appropriate had she NOT been sick!

*sigh* I just don't know what goes through his head sometimes!

He told me he's going out to Denton this afternoon to see his sister's apartment (That their parents are paying for) and said he was hoping to take the motorcycle. I really hope he takes his truck instead. Motorcycles scare me normally, but it's been raining and I will be worried all day until he calls when he gets back... okay, maybe not all day.... but every time i remember....if I remember.... okay, so maybe I'll remember when he's calling to tell me he's home! I told him he could come over this evening if he wanted and we would go to the park. That's the only reason he would be calling me when he got home.

*sigh*

I wish I wasn't losing my voice...

No comments: